WELCOME

Hello read my blog read it
and then comment : )

ME.ME.ME

Short Profile<3 My name is Antonio I am 18 I love to watch anime and love to read managa and you know typical stuff like chillin with my friends spending quality time with my Gf. My Email is Exalt_@hotmail.com

FRIENDS

friend + friend + friend + friend + friend + friend + friend +

LINKS

link + link + link + link + link + link + link + link +

ARCHIVES

August 2007

PREVIOUS POSTS

Welcome

TAGBOARD


ETCETERA


Search Engine Optimization and SEO Tools

THANKS



[ Fonts (c) DF]
[ Layout designed by fern*]

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Anime You Should Check Out

Man There are so many Eligable Series Out there I'll try an narrow the list down to Ten of the most entertaing here we go



First is Ah! My Goddess is a Classic
My Short Review: It is an interesting anime, it has its funny moments, and a few...rare serious ones. The whole anime is light (funny). The general storyline has much appeal to it. Even if your not religious in any means, as in, you don't believe in God and angels and all, you will still find this show really great! Beautifully done, lovely characters(esp. Belldandy), and great music. Overall one of the BEST animes I have watched!!

Second is Bleach
My Short Review: I can't say anything about Bleach that's not already been said. But I'll say why I like it so much. First of all, it has great art, music & storyline, that's undeniable. But the reason I'll watch it over, say ...Ghost in the Shell (Which is also GREAT anime and my favorite btw) is that it's so relaxed. What I mean is that the story progress is light, pure fun. I watch it mainly at night when I want to relax after work and before going to sleep so I need something fun yet relaxing. Don't want to exert myself some more, so that's where Bleach kicks in. GREAT therapy I tell'ya!!!

Third Is Detective Conan
My Short Review: I think that Detective Conan is a very good anime even if you take in account that it is quite old (it started back in the 90's), and long. The mysteries are usually well thought out and they are simple enough that you can follow along and probrably solve the case right before "Conan" (Shinichi) explains it all out. Compared to a similar anime like DAQ, It is allot more simple and straight foreward (you cant figure out much in DAQ till they actually explain it). Even though probrably 95% of all the episodes are fillers, they keep you entertained to no end. A WORD OF WARNING, DO NOT WATCH THE ENGLISH VERSION ("Case Closed")!!! THEIR TRANSLATIONS ARE HORRIBLE! I think that Detective Conan has the right combination of mystery, and suspence, to keep going for a LONG time.

Fourth Is Full Metal Alchemist
My Short Review: When it comes to self-sacrifice this anime beats them all. An incredible story of the bond between two brothers who become the youngest alchemists anyone had ever seen before. However their amazing talents in this field of magic resulted in their desperate attempt to break the strictest law of Alchemy. They tried to bring their mother back to life. This failed attempt came with a terrible and tragic price. One that deformed and nearly killed them. The devotion of these two brothers to one another is what makes this story so powerful. What's more, this series touches upon some very realistic and difficult matters pertaining to life, death, and how much one is willing to sacrifice for those he/she loves.

Fifth Is Naruto
My Short Review: Despite Naruto being filler crazy, I have to agree on this one being one the few anime that give action and comedy where its needed most. Thats probably why it has lasted for as long as it has. While most people don't like an overlong filler crazy anime, i think with the fillers in this one you get to know the characters more personally than you would in other anime. Since i've watched all 216 episdes so far, i think that the fillers prepare each character for whats coming in the main storyline. Its opened up new ideas and a few new characters along the way, so that when the main story rolls around, you'll definitely be on the edge of your seat.

Sixth Is Naruto Shippuuden
My Short Review: 1.really good animation: The design in shippuuden makes the 1st Naruto series look like a piece of garbage in comparison.

2.Excellent voice acting and high quality music: Again the voice actors do an excellent job on their characters Sasuke sounds more mature and dark like he should be and Naruto still sounds Like naruto believe it or not no matter how much he matured. Over all the music is simply great and to me is some what better then even the 1st series music.

3.Jumping into the series too fast: There Is one scene which I wont mention that is used as the prologue which is actually a manga chapter thats supposed to happen latter on in the series to me this is as a huge
spoiler which could have been shown later. It's not really a spoiler but why show it
, it was pretty cool though.

4.Over all: Shippuuden has allot potential later on in the near future with a darker story and new characters thats sure to please any naruto fan who went through that years worth of fillers with this anime now up In Japan naruto is sure to once again be known as a top anime as It once was.

Seventh Is One Piece
My Short Review: One Piece. A shonen anime that deserves a place up there with the best animes of all time.

The series is a mix of action, comedy, and even tragedy in some cases. You may end up watching all of it just for the plot alone. You have practically no idea what will happen next, and you will always be anxious to know what the next twist is, what happens after it, and why it happened.

The entire One Piece world is a marvel. The characters all have some sort of special quality to them, which will bring you to love them or hate them. Even down to the laughs they have, it brings the entire world alive.

The world itself is detailed, the countries, the islands, the different pirates and groups, the cities. Everything is unique, and the things that you don't know, are a mystery that you cannot wait to find out.

One Piece excels at creativity alone - Oda, the creator, has an endles amount of creativity, be it the skills of Devil Fruits, the bizzarre animals, or just the characters themselves.

Whoever you are, you will find something in this legendary anime that appeals to you, if you haven't already been captured by the lovable characters.
You MUST watch One Piece.

and since the story has a long way before ending, it can only get better and better... Let me tell you the manga for this anime is so long I had to take a break from reading it, and catch up on my other mangas. I think I stopped at 400

Eight Is Samurai Champloo
My Short Review: One of my favorite anime.

Story: The episodes are very diverse and not formulaic at all.
Art: Some of the best artwork I've seen in anime.
Animation: The direction the scenes and especially the fight scene are unbelievably good.
Music: Soo great, I'm a huge Underground/Alt Hiphop head and listen to the soundtrack all the time. If you're into Hiphop at all you'll appreciate this series.

The middle did get a lil wordy but the series finished great.

Ninth Is Tenchi All Of Them
My Short Review: I watched when it aired on TV. I was hooked on this series as soon as Ryouko first made her appearance. It's just sad that the creators butchered her as time passed. But she still remains as one of the best anime characters in existence. Without Ryouko, Tenchi Muyo would have been a failure. This is what any anime fan should see and not miss, Tenchi Muyo is what makes every normal persons normal life in to an animefanmaniac life.

oh and there is a rumor new Tenchi Muyo will come in the future which is fantastic.

Going by the order of the individual stories, it's actually:

Original series: Ryo-ohki OAV 1, Night Before The Carnival, OAV 2, OAV 3, GXP

Mihoshi's GP Adventure is related to the OAV series, but not actually canon and doesn't have a specific time frame.

TV series 1: Universe, In Love, Forever/In Love 2

TV series 2: Tenchi in Tokyo

Manatsu No Eve/Daughter Of Darkness is a standalone movie, which is based off the Hasegawa novels. It has elements of both the Ryo-ohki OAV and Universe series but has no direct relation to either.

Tenth Yu Yu Hakusho
My Shor Review: I've watched anime almost all my life which is a very long time (believe me!!!). This one is my absolute No 1 favorite, no question about it. I know its old (I watched it first in 1990) but its still awesome up till now. Its a real classic, a must see for any anime otaku or for those who just discovered anime. I have converted many people to anime using this as a must watch. Plus Kurama's record of getting voted Japan's No. 1 Anime bishounen for five consecutive years still stands and is waiting to be broken.

If you didn't notice I put them in alphabetical order a description of each anime will be given next post.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,